iSchool Announces Assistant Professor Open Position
The San José State University School of Information is recruiting for a tenure track assistant professor in the area of Organizational Management and Behavior in Information Professions.
Applicants should have:
- Experience in teaching 100% online courses in:
- Challenges and critical success factors of information service development.
- Strategic long term management and daily challenges involved in leading and supporting physical and digital library initiatives.
- Effective mediation between the users of information and the resources and information systems in specific organizational contexts.
- Best practices in library and information service strategic planning.
- Performance measures that contribute to the effective development of library and information services.
- Research interests in at least one of the following:
- Advocacy and advocacy metrics in the information professions.
- Decision making in the information professions.
- Management of globally distributed teams of information professionals who work in globally distributed online environments –both profit and nonprofit.
An earned doctorate must be completed by the time of application.