Internship Faculty Information
iSchool faculty supervisors work with students and site supervisors to ensure that approved internships provide professional learning opportunities that benefit both parties.
For all internships
- Questions about MLIS, MARA and Post Masters Certificate internships contact Dr. Linda Main.
Responsibilities During the Internship
- Approving MLIS and MARA student learning outcomes: The faculty supervisor will ensure that each of the student’s learning outcomes are realistic with regard to what the student hopes to accomplish, the time allotted, and any limitations inherent within the internship site itself.
- Running the Canvas LMS course: The faculty supervisor will maintain a Canvas site (several sections may be combined into one Canvas site). Information including course assignments and deadlines will be found on the Canvas site. Other communication mediums, such as a blog or website, may also be used at a supervisor’s discretion.
- Monitoring student progress: The faculty supervisor is responsible for monitoring the student’s progress toward achieving the defined learning outcomes and communicating with the student about internship progress.
- Serving as liaison between the iSchool and the internship site: The faculty supervisor will request feedback from the site supervisor regarding the student’s performance.
- Evaluating student performance: The faculty supervisor is responsible for collecting the student’s assignments and evaluation forms and assigning a grade of credit or no credit for the internship course. Feedback from the site supervisor is used to determine the student’s final grade.