Student Quick Links
Student Services and Advising Support
- Student Services Team: answers questions regarding admission requirements and the application process for prospective students, and can advise all new students. Continuing students may contact the Student Services Team with questions regarding holds, withdrawal petitions, leave of absence, candidacy forms, substitution forms, academic progress questions, graduation applications and questions about how to use the Advising Toolkit and its resources. They will also be able to help with name and address changes, transcript questions, transfer credit, and scholarship information. The Student Services Team is available to students through their handy help form, via Live Chat service hours or Zoom appointments.
- Advising FAQs and the Advising Toolkit Get touch of a button answers to the questions you have about procedures and course planning. Download the and start tracking your focused plan, advising notes and competencies in one convenient location.
- Registration and Enrollment
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Office
- Advising: When you are ready to think about choosing your electives, consult a faculty advisor for:
- Questions about courses needed to meet your career goals
- Preparing for a career in their area of expertise.
- Technology Help Resource Center
- iSchool Technical Support: For individual technical help, submit this iSchool technical support form
- New Student Resources
- iStudent Blog
- INFO 203 “How-to” Videos
- Writing Support
- APA Style Resources
- King Library Orientation
Student Wellness Support
iSchool’s Student Wellness Online Resources page offers SJSU Counseling and Psychological Services programming, including online workshops and groups, tip sheets, a free web based Therapist Assisted Online (TAO) program, mindfulness recordings, nutrition and exercise information and crisis helplines.
Accessibility Policies and Services
- SJSU Accessibility Policies
- iSchool Accessibility Policy
- Accessible Education Center
- Students who need accommodation due to a disability must register with SJSU’s Accessible Education Center (AEC).
- The Center will work with the students to determine the disability, document it, and determine the services and accommodations necessary for student success.
- Then, the AEC will contact the faculty member to determine the types of consideration necessary.
- General Guide to Event Accessibility
- Individuals requiring real-time captioning or other accommodations should contact Sue Alman/iSchool at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Career Pathways: These career pathways are presented as introductions to different careers and topics, and are intended to be used by students for career planning and course selection.
- Career Development
- Student Groups
- Student Memberships – Professional Associations: All students in INFO 200 and MARA 200 may choose a complimentary (free!) one-year membership in a professional association
- iStudent blog