International Students


International Students

As admitted iSchool students, you have already jumped the hurdles required for admission. Hopefully, with the information on this page, you will be able to better navigate other problems that might come your way.

Paying Your Fees

Fee payments from outside the United States can be complicated. Your fees will be due within 21 days of registering (fall/spring semesters and 15 days in summer). Be ready to pay early because the process might be lengthy if you have to transfer funds and deal with exchange rates and services fees. Be aware of numerical denotation of dates. In many countries, the denotation is day/month/year, in the U.S. it is month/day/year. Don’t let this confuse you.

The SJSU Bursar’s Office accepts the following methods of online payment:

For step-by-step instructions on how to pay online, see How to Make an Online Payment.

There is no fee charged by either the University or per transfer for international wire transfers. However, the bank you use to send the wire transfer will probably charge a fee, so check with that bank for the fee schedule. 

The Bursar’s office will charge a non-refundable 2.9% service charge for using a credit card.

Online payment transactions must be completed by 11:50 p.m. on the Payment Due Date to avoid enrollment cancelation.

Student ID Cards

As international students, you can receive a student ID card, but you will have to ask for it to be sent to you each semester. 

In order to obtain a Student ID card:

After paying fees special session students should:

  • Send an email to the bursar’s office
  • In the email, state that you are an MLIS special session student and want a paper ID card. You must provide:
    • Name
    • Mailing address (the address will be verified with the address on file in
    • and Student ID number
  • The request should not be submitted until after fees are paid.

King Library Access

For library account and PIN questions, please contact:

Jeff Frank, Senior Access Services Coordinator

Phone: 408-808-2326

For all other King Library questions, contact:

Ann Agee, Library and Information Science Librarian

Phone: 408-808-2094

Canadian Students

If you need tax forms signed (Tuition, Education, and Textbook Amounts Certificate – University Outside Canada), email the form in PDF to Dr. Linda Main for signature. Make sure the forms are completely filled out including units and totals before sending them to Dr. Main.

If you need forms signed for Canadian student loans, see the information for enrollment verification from the Office of the Registrar. You may contact them by email or call 408-924-5680.