Writing Resources for Students
Listed below are links to authoritative websites on the mechanics and process of writing at a graduate school level. Please scroll below to explore these resources, which include APA style guides, help centers for students learning English as a second language, and tips on thesis development.
- Excelsior’s Online Writing Lab - Resources on writing, style, grammar, a variety of style manual formats, and a writing game!
- San Jose State’s Writing Center - Handouts and video tutorials on a variety of topics.
- San Jose State’s Grad Writer Toolbox – Resources for writing research papers, making presentations, citing sources, managing time, and more.
- Yale University’s Center for Teaching and Learning – A wide range of excellent tutorials.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s Writing Center – Another set of excellent of tutorials.
- Caroline and Pearson Brown’s English Grammar Lessons – Clear and concise explanations of English grammar. Each lesson ends with interactive quizzes.
- English Page Grammar Tutorials and Lessons – Tutorials and quizzes.
- King Library’s “Citing and Writing” Guide
- Excelsior OWL APA Style (7th edition)
- San José State University’s School of Information APA page