Please note that the School requires that all incoming students have software as follows:
- Microsoft Office Suite 2013 or newer (Important Note: SJSU students can sign up for free access to Office 365 for Education, which includes the Office 2019 applications. See Microsoft Office and Pricing)
- Web browsers: Student should be prepared to work with
multiple Web browsers. Links to browser requirements for specific
systems are included below. Additional requirements may be
imposed on a per-class basis by the instructor in cases where
other online resources are utilized:
- MySJSU: The MySJSU Sign In page will detect your current browser. If you are using an unsupported browser, you will be notified.
- Canvas: See the Canvas Supported Browser page for complete information on supported browsers.
- Zoom: See the Zoom System Requirements page for complete information on supported configurations.
- In order to use digital signatures, which are required on university forms, download a free copy of Adobe Reader DC Or request the full Adobe Creative Cloud for Students from SJSU (one day turn around time required).
- Information on Using Digital Signatures can be found here
- DocuSign: All students now have access to DocuSign for digitally signing SJSU documents. Login and tutorial information is available here.
Web Browsers and Cookies
Please make sure that your web browser is configured to accept cookies. Several iSchool server programs require the usage of cookies in order to function correctly.