MARA 294 Professional Experience, Internship Option Student Handbook
The internship option within MARA 294 is a field-based, supervised, professional learning experience that takes place in an archival records repository, records center, or other information organization. An internship allows the student to obtain work experience while pursuing defined learning outcomes. It is designed to provide the student an opportunity to test theories and to apply skills learned in other courses taken during the MARA program.
- Internships can be paid or unpaid.
- Internships require a minimum of 135 hours (3 units) completed by the end of the semester.
- Internships are graded credit ⁄ no credit MARA 294 courses.
- Students may not participate in internships at their regular place of employment.
- Students may not choose the same internship site twice.
- Students may not concentrate internship hours during the semester— work must be completed consistently throughout from week to week.
- The faculty internship supervisor (instructor of record) for MARA 294 Professional Experience is: Linda Main.