Record a Meeting
As the “Host” you will be able to record the meeting by clicking the “Record” button in the meeting toolbar. However, if you join someone else’s meeting, you will need permission to use the “Record” button. The host can grant permission by clicking “More” next to a participant’s name on the participant list and selecting the “Allow recording” option.
Access Your Recordings
Recordings made in student rooms will be downloaded to the Host’s computer. Recordings made in faculty rooms can be downloaded locally and/or to the Cloud. Each recording can be kept or shared.
To share a recording stored on the Host’s computer, upload the
file to a cloud service such as Google Drive and share the URL
link with others. See details below.
1. Go to your Zoom web portal at http://sjsu.zoom.us. Sign into your account.
2. Once you have signed into your account, click Recordings and a list of your Zoom recordings will appear in Local Recordings.
3. Highlight and copy the link you wish to view.
4. Paste the link into your browser to retrieve the recording. A list of different formats will be provided. Click the format you wish to see or hear. The mp4 is a video file which includes all audio, video and shared screen content.
Share Your Recording
Faculty and staff have the option to save and share recordings using Zoom’s cloud storage. For more information, visit Zoom’s guide on Cloud Recording.
Students can share the recording with others by using a cloud
storage tool such as Google Drive. SJSU students have unlimited
storage available in their Google Drive accounts. The steps below
outline the process of how to upload a recording to Google Drive
and share it with others.
1. Locate the recording on your computer. (If necessary, refer to the preceding section of this page).
2. Create a folder in Google Drive.
3. Drag the Zoom file stored on the computer into the Google Drive folder.
4. To share the recording, click to select the file and then click the button that looks like a person. Type the email address of each person with whom you wish to share the link.
5. If you wish to share the link with more than just a few people, you can select the option to Get shareable link. The default setting for this option is to allow anyone at SJSU to view the file.
6. If you wish to allow access to people who use non-SJSU accounts, click the dropdown menu for sharing and select the More option at the bottom.
7. The second option, On – Anyone with the link, will allow access to anyone who has the URL for the file.
8. Save your selection.
9. On the next screen, confirm that the selections are correct. Click the Copy link button and you will be ready to share the link with others.