King Library Orientation
The King Library at San José State University provides both print and electronic resources. The following information will help you learn to access the materials.
- Watch the King Library Orientation:
- The library orientation includes four modules about getting started with library materials.
- King Library Web Site. One way to get to the library home page is to use the “King Library” link at the top of each iSchool web page. Or, go directly to library.sjsu.edu
- Library Online Tutorial for School of Information Students (LOTSS)
for School of Information Students. This
page on the King Library Web site has contact information for
our library liaison as well as other library departmental links
and ways to get additional library materials.
- Google Scholar Tutorial: Customizing
- Online Databases. Databases containing full-text
articles from journals and newspapers are available to students.
- Useful databases for iSchool classes - List of databases
- The log-in for library resources is the same as for Canvas.
- Help with connecting to databases: Contact the King Library’s Student Computing Services Center for assistance. Call 408-808-2470 during library open hours or email.
- Journals Search. Do you have a citation that you’d like to read online? This is the tool to use.
- Search for the journal title and follow the link to see which online databases includes the journal.
- Click on the link for the database listed in your results that appears to cover the date you need.
- Using the appropriate log-in, access the database and search for the article in your citation.
Contact the iSchool Library Liaisons by emailing:
MLIS Liaison Librarian: Silke
MARA Liaison Librarian: Craig Simpson (firstname.lastname@example.org)