If you have previously joined a Zoom meeting, the Desktop Client application – Zoom Chat- is probably already installed on your computer. To ensure that you are running the most recent version of Zoom, check out this quick tutorial on how to update Zoom on your computer.
1. Launch the Zoom Desktop Client application on your computer.
2. Click the option to Sign In and then select the SSO (Single Sign-On) option. Do not login with your email address.
3. You’ll be asked to enter your company domain. It is SJSU.
4.Enter your ID and SJSUOne password. You may wish to click Remember me to save typing in the future.
5.Next you should see the desktop app (shown below). Once you have logged in, you will see the main dialog box as shown below. The default tab is Home.
To change your preferences for notifications of new messages:
1. Open the Zoom desktop app and click Settings cog in the upper right corner.
2. In the left menu, select Chat.
You will see a variety of settings related to notifications which you can change and save.
Resources from Zoom Support