DAC Application Procedures
IMPORTANT: The notice of admission from the San José State University School of Information will only come via email. Make sure you set your spam filter to accept all correspondences from the sjsu.edu domain.
Before completing the online CSU Graduate Application, visit the State Authorization for Distance Education page to search for applicant eligibility information for residents of the state where you reside.
Please be sure to complete all 4 steps.
1. Before starting the application process, take the time to choose your career pathway. Be sure to read about each pathway you are interested in and the class choices for each pathway. You will not be able to take classes from multiple pathways. It is important to choose now, before you apply. If you have questions about the pathways, please contact Dr. Linda Main.
2. Complete the university’s online graduate application. Note students applying for the advanced certificate should select “none” under the degree objective portion of the application. Note: Non-US citizens do not use the “International Admissions Application;” they use the domestic application for certificate programs. Before completing the online Cal State Apply Application, read the following– and then apply on www2.calstate.edu/apply. For assistance with the CSU Certificate application, an online tutorial is available. On the Cal State Apply screen “Select the Program,” please choose: Source: Extended Education > San Jose Extension > “Strategic Management of Digital Assets and Services (Special Session)”
A GRE, work experience, academic references, academic honors, and a statement of purpose are not necessary. In the boxes provided on the form, leave these boxes blank. For the “Statement of Purpose” box, only type in the words “not applicable”.
- Fill out the application to show only your bachelor’s degree institution and your master’s degree institution.
- Non-US citizens: On the Cal State Apply “Personal Information > Biographic Information” section, where it asks for “US State/Possession,” Choose “Alabama.” SJSU Admissions staff will treat this U.S. State residency choice as a null value for you as a global applicant. This choice is just to help move you through the application.
- When you click the “Submit” button, the application is electronically submitted to the SJSU Office of Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluation (GAPE). Be sure to print out the “Confirmation” web page for future reference.
3. Pay the CSU Graduate Application fee of $70. Payment of the CSU Application Fee will be accepted by credit card or PayPal only. The payment must be made in order to submit your Cal State Apply university application.
4. Send official transcripts for your degree(s)
and for all work from previous and current colleges or
universities. Send transcripts to:
Graduate Admissions & Program Evaluation
San José State University
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0017 (Use of any other zip code will cause misdirection and/or loss of transcripts)
Transcripts may be sent electronically. If your school of record
has partnered with any of the following vendors, the institution
should send the transcripts to SJSU via these vendors and not to
us directly. Transcripts in PDF format sent via email from the
institution will not be accepted. If the vendor needs an
email address, use: firstname.lastname@example.org
Credentials, Inc. or E-scripsafe
National Student Clearinghouse
If you attended SJSU: DO NOT send your SJSU transcript.SJSU graduate Alumni who apply to an iSchool Graduate or Certificate program: Due to Admissions policy, if you earned your Master’s at SJSU and your SJSU graduate degree is older than 1 year, you will be required to send another set of undergraduate transcripts to Graduate Admissions by the provisional deadline for applicant documents. Contact Admissions at email@example.com for the provisional document deadline for the semester you are applying.
CSU Faculty/Staff fee waivers are not able to be used toward the Advanced Certificate in Strategic Management of Digital Assets and Services.