Informatics Student Experience
We invite you to browse the statistics pulled from a recent exit survey of graduates who completed the MS in Informatics program in May 2021. Note percentages are rounded and may not always equal 100. (n=3 responses)
- 100% said they would recommend our Informatics program and described their overall educational experience as Good.
- According to the survey respondents, the top strengths of the Informatics program are its flexibility, diversity of students and faculty, and online learning environment.
- The survey respondents completed the program within two years.
- As an online school, we know the importance of timely technology help. 100% of the survey respondents took advantage of the technology resource center and technology support we provide to students.
- Our school also provides robust career development resources to students, as well as offers individual consultations with a career advisor. 100% of the survey respondents used the career services.
- Advising and student support are top priority at our school. 67% of the survey respondents interacted with their academic advisor throughout their studies and rated the guidance and assistance they received as Very Good and Good.
“The program is affordable and has a great ROI.” – Informatics Graduate
Our students also took advantage of a range of informal learning opportunities and activities that helped them expand their professional network and aid them with future job seeking. For example:
- 33% were members of professional associations. Did you know we give new students a free one-year membership to the Association for Information Science and Technology, HIMSS, American Nursing Informatics Association, ASIS International, or IAPP? Learn more.
- To stay current with professional trends, the survey respondents attended professional conferences, read industry-related newsletters and professional journals, and listened to industry-related podcasts. Students enrolled in our MS in Informatics program can apply for travel grants to attend professional conferences.
In addition, you’ll be in good company in our fully online master’s degree program. Here are some stats about our graduating Informatics program students as reported in the spring 2021 exit survey:
- Our MS in Informatics program is offered exclusively online, and there are no on-campus orientations or other required in-person events. The spring 2021 survey respondents completed the program from across California.
- Our online program allows students the flexibility to continue working while pursuing their MS in Informatics degree. One out of the three survey respondents was both a student at our school and working in business/industry as a product manager.
- At the time of graduation, 67% of the survey respondents were younger than 31 years of age.
- In this particular survey, 100% of the survey respondents were female.
- Two of the survey respondents selected Asian to best describe their ethnicity. The other person chose not to answer the question.
- 67% of the survey respondents stated they were the first person in their family to obtain a master’s degree. Learn more about the First Generation Student Group.
“It’s a very applicable field. The program is very doable, even with a job.” – Informatics Graduate