Informatics Student Experience
We invite you to browse the statistics pulled from a recent exit survey of graduates who completed the MS in Informatics program in December 2020. Note percentages are rounded and may not always equal 100. (n=4 responses)
- 100% said they would recommend our Informatics program.
- The survey respondents described their overall educational experience as Very Good and Good.
- According to survey respondents, the top strength of the Informatics program is its cost. Additional strengths listed included the curriculum, flexibility, and online learning environment. A survey respondent expounded that it was the “quality and cost” that stood out.
- 100% completed the program within one and a half years.
- As an online school, we know the importance of timely technology help. When asked about our technology resource center and technology support, 100% of survey respondents used the services and were Very Satisfied with the technology support our school provides to students.
- Advising and student support are top priority at our school. 100% of respondents interacted with their academic advisor throughout their studies and rated the guidance and assistance they received as Very Good.
I would recommend the Informatics program because “it is a great way for non IT students to get into IT/CS.” – Informatics Graduate
Our students also took advantage of a range of informal learning opportunities and activities that helped them expand their professional network and aid them with future job seeking. For example:
- 75% were members of professional associations. Did you know we give new students a free one-year membership to the Association for Information Science and Technology, HIMSS, American Nursing Informatics Association, ASIS International, or IAPP? Learn more.
In addition, you’ll be in good company in our fully online master’s degree program. Here are some stats about our graduating Informatics program students as reported in the fall 2020 exit survey:
- Our MS in Informatics program is offered exclusively online, and there are no on-campus orientations or other required in-person events. The fall 2020 survey respondents completed the program from across California.
- Our online program allows students the flexibility to continue working while pursuing their MS in Informatics degree. 100% of survey respondents were both students at our school and working in business/industry and education. Their job titles include business analyst, programmer, IT tech, and educational technology specialist.
- At the time of graduation, 75% of survey respondents were younger than 36 years of age.
- In this particular survey, 75% of the respondents were male.
- All four survey respondents selected different answer choices to best describe their ethnicity.
- 50% of respondents stated they were the first person in their family to obtain a master’s degree. Learn more about the First Generation Student Group.
I would recommend the Informatics program because “of the accelerated yet robust curriculum.” – Informatics Graduate