BSISDA Admissions Requirements
All applicants for the degree completion program are required to meet the following requirements:
Completion of at least 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter units.
Grade point average of 2.0 or better.
Completion of all four CSU-approved General Education requirements with a C- or higher.
- (A1) Oral Communication/Speech
- (A2) Written English Composition
- (A3) Critical Thinking/Logic
- (B4) Math/Quantitative Reasoning (above the level of intermediate algebra)
The following courses must be taken prior to admission to the major in order to ensure the correct skill set. These can be taken at any community college or any university. Courses must be passed with a grade of C- or better.
Query Languages (1 unit)
- One of the following: mySQL PL-SQL, or Oracle
Mathematics (3 units)
- Calculus or Elementary Statistics
Programming (2 unit)
- One of the following: Python, or R
Web Development (2 unit)
Computer Operating Systems (including Linux) (1 unit)