BSISDA Freshmen Electives
A minor is strongly recommended and may be decided by taking into consideration the chosen career path and consultation with the advisor.
Some suggested minors are as follows:
- Interaction Design minor – Design Department
- Human Systems Integration minor – Psychology Department
- Values, Technology and Society minor – Anthropology Department
- Digital Media Art minor – Art and Art History Department
- Digital Media for Mass Communications minor – School of Journalism
- Geographic Information Systems minor – Urban and Regional Planning Department
- Computer Science minor – Computer Science Department
- Business minor – College of Business
Elective options open to ISDA majors
Major electives may be selected from courses in the ISDA program such as ISDA 150 – Special Topics in Information Science and Data Analytics, OR
- Upper division courses in other departments (courses numbered 100-199), as well as
- Approved non-duplicative graduate courses in the School of Information in special topics areas such as
- INFO 246 – Information Technology Tools and Applications,
- INFO 287 – Seminar in Information Science, or
- INFM courses in data analytics, data security, and related topics.
Note: If electives from graduate courses in the School of Information are used to meet the elective requirements, the courses can only be used for the bachelor’s degree and cannot be later applied to any graduate degree.
In addition, tuition for elective courses outside the ISDA program may be different than tuition in the program.