BSISDA Freshmen Electives
Electives — BS in Information Science and Data Analytics
A minor is strongly recommended and may be decided by taking into consideration the chosen career path and consultation with the advisor.
Some suggested minors are as follows:
- Interaction Design minor – Design Department
- Human Systems Integration minor – Psychology Department
- Values, Technology and Society minor – Anthropology Department
- Digital Media Art minor – Art and Art History Department
- Digital Media for Mass Communications minor – School of Journalism
- Geographic Information Systems minor – Urban and Regional Planning Department
- Computer Science minor – Computer Science Department
- Business minor – College of Business
Elective Options (Open to only BSISDA Majors)
Electives can be selected from upper division courses in other departments or from approved graduate courses in the School of Information in areas, such as Health Data Analytics, Enterprise Content Management and Digital Preservation, Digital Curation, Digital Assets Management, Digital Forensics, Crisis/Disaster Informatics, Problem Solving with Data.
Note: If electives from graduate courses in the School of Information are used to meet the elective requirements, the courses can only be used for the bachelor’s degree and cannot be later applied to any graduate degree.