PhD Admissions Requirements
Applicants who meet the following minimum requirements will be considered for admission in the Gateway PhD program:
- A relevant research master’s degree, with first or second-class standing (GPA 3.5 minimum) from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated experience with research. This is typically achieved through the research master’s degree (such as with a thesis) or a master’s degree with a research component equivalent to one-third of the course credits, as well as research competency that is demonstrated in peer reviewed publications and scholarly conference presentations.
We are currently recruiting for students in these research areas:
- Digital access and inclusion
- Digital literacy
- Diversity, inclusion, community, and equity
- Information interactions
- Information literacy
- Information retrieval
- Information seeking
- LIS as a profession
- LIS education
- Library history
- Library leadership and management
- Libraries in society and culture
- Literacy and reading
- Public libraries
- Social justice in LIS
- Social media analysis
For application procedures and deadlines, see How to Apply.