The university’s Student Outreach and Recruitment office is available on live chat or via Zoom to assist with questions about San José State University and its programs, as well as the admissions process.
For advising information, students can contact Rima Nemali, director of the CPGE Student Success Center.
The College of Professional and Global Education Student Success Center is here to help undergraduate students in the college achieve academic success. Advisors can work with students to develop plans that help them attain their personal, educational, and professional goals through academic advising as well as peer mentoring and tutoring. Advisors will also provide guidance on academic probation and other SJSU policies and procedures.
Starting in fall 2021, advising appointments will be available both in person and virtually. There will also be opportunities for virtual drop-in advising.
Students can also contact Dr. Souvick Ghosh, BS ISDA program coordinator, with any content questions related to course selection and career path.
- The BS ISDA degree completion program for transfer students runs only in Special Session (completely online).
- Fees are $450 a unit.
- Advising is conducted online and in person.
- Students are not eligible for campus services apart from the library.
- Attending orientation after admission to the program is required.
- Students may be eligible for financial aid.
Already Attending San José State University?
Students already attending the university who wish to complete their bachelor’s degree by majoring in Information Science and Data Analytics can change from Regular Session to Special Session by completing this form. However, it is important to read the information on the request form carefully and note:
- Fees are $450 a unit in Special Session.
- Students in Special Session are eligible for federal financial aid (Pell Grant and Federal Direct Loans). Special Session students are NOT eligible for state financial aid (State University Grant, Cal Grant, EOP, Middle Class Scholarship).
- Students in Special Session are no longer able to use campus services (apart from the library).
Mark Your Calendar
- Pre-Advising: May 11 and May 14
- Orientation: June 15 and June 18
More information about these sessions will be posted as the dates near.