Informatics Program Performance
Program Based Assessment
Graduating Student Exit Survey Data
We survey our graduating students as they complete the MS in Informatics (INFM) program. The information below is from our most recent exit survey, presenting the responses we received from INFM students (n=4) who completed the program in fall 2020.
Key survey findings include the following:
- 100% of survey respondents completed the INFM program within one and a half years.
- 100% of survey respondents said their overall education experience in the INFM program was very good or good.
- 100% of survey respondents said they would recommend the INFM program to others.
The survey also provided insight regarding the employment trends of our recent INFM graduates, such as:
- 100% of respondents were working at the time they completed the INFM program.
- Employed respondents worked in technology positions within business or education settings.
The survey also provided insight regarding the INFM program’s top strengths, including:
- The top strengths of the INFM program are its Cost, Curriculum, Flexibility, Online Learning Environment and Faculty.
- 100% of users were satisfied of the Technology Support and Student Services support received during their program.
- 100% of respondents who sought help said the course planning support from their Academic Advisor was Very Good.
Survey results also provide insight regarding INFM student demographics, including the following:
- Survey respondents lived in California.
- Half of respondents stated that they were First Generation Graduate Students.
Students reflected on their reasons for recommending the MS in Informatics program:
- “Quality and cost.”
- “It is very convenient.”
- “It’s a great way for non IT students to get into IT / CS.”
- “Accelerated yet robust curriculum.”