INFO 203 Online Learning Tools and Strategies for Success – Spring 2019
This one-unit course is an introduction to the tools and skills students will need to be successful in their work at SJSU’s School of Information. Only students in their first semester can take INFO 203.
- November-December: Students register for INFO 203.
- By January 2 (end of day): Students will receive instructions from their INFO 203 instructor about how to access their Canvas course site. Instructions will be sent via MySJSU messaging. Canvas accounts will be activated by the university before INFO 203 begins. See Getting Started with Canvas.
- January 3: INFO 203 course sites become available. Students are strongly encouraged to begin the course work prior to the official start of the semester in order to better prepare for their other classes.
- January 24: Spring semester officially begins. All new students should be 1) registered in INFO 203 on MySJSU and 2) enrolled in the course site on Canvas.
- February 21: INFO 203 course completion deadline. This deadline is firm. Students who do not successfully complete the course by this date will have a hold placed on their registration for the next semester.
**Be aware that MySJSU may list the dates for 203 as January 24-May 13. Ignore those dates. The class will be available starting January 3 and will end February 21.
If you have questions about your Canvas account, submit the iSchool Technology Support Form.
If you have questions about your enrollment in MySJSU, contact the Student Services Team.
Other questions about INFO 203? Contact Debbie Faires.