Post Masters International Applicants


International Applicants — Post-Master’s Certificate

For instructions on how to apply, international applicants need to read the information for non-US citizens found on the Application Procedures page.

International Document Requirements

San José State University requires all applicants who have completed course work outside of the United States and Canada to provide a WES (World Education Services), document-by-document evaluation. Mark sheets/transcripts must be sent directly to WES for evaluation. (SJSU must receive the academic record and the evaluation directly from WES.) You may choose either the ICAP evaluation ($145) or the Basic ($100). See: SJSU Graduate Studies WES Instructions 

In addition to the same requirements mentioned above, applicants from countries in which the native language is not English must achieve a minimum English-language proficiency test score as indicated on the Graduate Program Test Requirement web page at GAPE. For further detailed information, please read Step 5 on the GAPE Steps to Admission website. 

Spring 2021 English Language Proficiency / International Documents: Due to test center closures during the global health pandemic, GAPE will continue to accept Duolingo for Spring 2021 admissions. GAPE also now accepts the online IELTS Indicator – same test and scores, just taken online from home. Due to the current global health pandemic, GAPE also approved the use of Academic Credentials Institute Inc. (ACEI) and International Education Evaluations, LLC (IEE) for an evaluation of international coursework for Spring 2021. 

Important Note: If you are taking the degree online from your own country – or any country outside the United States – there is no need to obtain a Visa. You apply as a Special Session student and complete the program online from outside the United States.

Due to the restrictions placed on online classes by US Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Post-Master’s Certificate program cannot enroll international students who are in the United States and want to take classes while in the United States. The program is only available in an online format.