How to Apply to the San Jose Gateway PhD Program
Prospective San José Gateway PhD program students are encouraged to begin the application process several months prior to the application deadlines. The next application deadline for endorsement by a School of Information faculty member is early January 2019, with consultations taking place in October-November 2018. As you consider applying to the San José Gateway PhD program, carefully review the timeline and overview of the application processes outlined below.
- Complete the San José Gateway PhD Information Request Form. Because applicants must secure a faculty sponsor and submit a brief research topic proposal, it is highly recommended that potential applicants complete this stage by mid-October for admission the following year. After this, you work on identifying your research interests and fully exploring the program requirements.
- Discuss and consult with potential San José supervisors (October-November). The associate program coordinator will advise you regarding potential faculty supervisors.
- Develop brief research proposal, as part of the process of identifying and consulting with a San José sponsor/supervisor (November-December).
- Secure sponsorship of applicant by San José faculty supervisor and then invitation from the San José Gateway PhD program coordinator, required to submit the QUT application (January-February).
- Make arrangements for academic transcripts.
- Formally submit completed paperwork to QUT, including research proposal as discussed with San José supervisor (early March).
- Notification to be received re. acceptance: approximately twelve weeks after all paperwork has been received by QUT.
First semester tuition fees (50% of annual tuition) are due just before program commencement in August. Dates vary; accepted students are notified of specific deadlines via email.
Please see San José Gateway PhD Application Process for detailed instructions on how to apply including link to formal application form.