Students applying for admission to the SJSU iSchool do not need to take the GRE exam.
How to Apply
We are excited that you are considering applying to the San José State University (SJSU) School of Information (iSchool)! Our goal is to make your admissions process as straightforward and streamlined as possible. We encourage you to review the information provided in this section of our website, which covers how to apply to any of the online educational programs offered by the SJSU School of Information. If at any point in the admissions process you need additional information, please contact the Student Services Team at the SJSU iSchool.
Application deadlines for each of the SJSU iSchool's online programs can be found on the following web pages, along with admissions requirements and details regarding how to apply:
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) – Future students can apply for admission in the fall or spring semester.
- Teacher Librarian – Future students interested in the Teacher Librarian Services Credential follow the application process for the MLIS program.
- Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) – Future students can apply for admission in the fall or spring semester.
- Certificate in Big Data – This fully online certificate program is open for admission twice a year.
- Advanced Certificate in Strategic Management of Digital Assets and Services – Information professionals can apply for admission in the fall or spring semester.
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Library and Information Science – Information professionals can apply for admission in the fall or spring semester.
- i.School Open Classes – Courses are offered during fall, spring, and summer sessions based on space availability.
- San José Gateway Ph.D. – Doctoral candidates are admitted once a year and begin the program in August.
Prospective students may also be interested in visiting the following web pages related to the admissions process and enrollment in our online educational programs: